Everyone loves a list and so when one of Australia’s leading booksellers releases it’s top selling Australian novels for 2019, it’s worth a look.
While not listing them in order, Booktopia’s top 12 Australian novels in terms of sales for 2019 are:
- The Rosie Result by Graeme Simsion
- Cilka’s Journey by Heather Morris
- The Wife and the Widow by Christian White
- Good Girl Bad Girl by Michael Robotham
- Khaki Town by Judy Nunn
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood
- The Last Paradise by Di Morrissey
- The Diamond Hunter by Fiona McIntosh
- The Shelly Bay Ladies Swimming Circle by Sophie Green
- The Place in Dalhousie by Melina Marchetta
- The Yield by Tara June Winch
- Damascus by Christos Tsiolkas
Eight of the top 12 are by women and a number of titles follow the breakout success of a previous novel such Cilka’s Journey or The Wife and the Widow.
How many have your read and what surprise omissions were there for you?